Dan the Man (With the Master Plan)

Ant

Dan the Man (With the Master Plan)

Unread post by Ant » August 26th, 2010, 9:50 pm

Polveirbecker2012

Re: Dan the Man (With the Master Plan)

Unread post by Polveirbecker2012 » August 26th, 2010, 10:18 pm

I need to spend a week with a health frantic just to see if I could last.

Any volunteers?

frankiesoup

Unread post by frankiesoup » September 6th, 2010, 8:57 am

It's possibly just me being cynical, but surely it's better for you to just eat a salad made from all that veg. You don't get any of the fibre if you juice it and that's a pretty vital dietary element, especially if you're eating only raw food - that's where most of the 'fullness' feeling comes from... I suppose if it's just a juice, rather than a meal replacement, then it's not so much a problem.

Beauty is beauty, in spite of perfection.

Ant

Unread post by Ant » September 6th, 2010, 9:50 am

He does promote all that stuff too in his other videos to be fair. (TU)

Personally I like a bit of veg every now and then.......

Ant

Unread post by Ant » September 6th, 2010, 9:55 am

These look extremely yummy.......

Ciggy

Unread post by Ciggy » September 7th, 2010, 1:50 pm

frankiesoup wrote:It's possibly just me being cynical, but surely it's better for you to just eat a salad made from all that veg. You don't get any of the fibre if you juice it and that's a pretty vital dietary element, especially if you're eating only raw food - that's where most of the 'fullness' feeling comes from... I suppose if it's just a juice, rather than a meal replacement, then it's not so much a problem.

True. I've stopped using my juicer and started eating fruits and veggies whole now. When I was juicing I'd look at the "pulp" and realize... holy shit that's half the good stuff going into the bin!

Of course I'm out of my mind. It's dark and scary in there.

Ciggy

Unread post by Ciggy » September 7th, 2010, 2:00 pm

Ant wrote:These look extremely yummy.......

Other than the nori it looks delish. I'm not too into nori myself.

I AM ALL I AM

Unread post by I AM ALL I AM » September 7th, 2010, 2:42 pm

Ciggy wrote:
frankiesoup wrote:It's possibly just me being cynical, but surely it's better for you to just eat a salad made from all that veg. You don't get any of the fibre if you juice it and that's a pretty vital dietary element, especially if you're eating only raw food - that's where most of the 'fullness' feeling comes from... I suppose if it's just a juice, rather than a meal replacement, then it's not so much a problem.

True. I've stopped using my juicer and started eating fruits and veggies whole now. When I was juicing I'd look at the "pulp" and realize... holy shit that's half the good stuff going into the bin!

I LOVE YOU

G'day Ciggy & Frankiesoup. :wave (TH)

Personally, I haven't done the 'juice thing' for the reasons that you both state. Using juices for specifically targeting a physiological condition is one thing, attempting to live on juices is another altogether. Some athletes that are vegan/vegetarian will get stuck into juices because they can get a LOT of energy that they require for their physical activities, which, if eating the whole food, would not be possible to eat enough to get the required energy (this is the apparent reasoning behind some juicing, though I personally haven't tested this out myself).

Most of the 'containers'/'wrappings' of foods are edible as well, which I see as another wastage by some, as in peeling apples. It's amazing the amount of food that is thrown out/wasted by personal idiosyncrasies. Funny enough, I have heard of people peeling tomatoes because they don't like the skin. (RY)

THANK YOU

WHEN PAIRED OPPOSITES DEFINE YOUR BELIEFS,
YOUR BELIEFS WILL IMPRISON YOU.

What is TRUTH ? . . . .THAT THE ONENESS IS ALL !!!
What is JOY ? . . . . . .ALL THAT THE ONENESS IS !!!
What is LOVE ? . . . . .THE ONENESS THAT IS ALL !!!
What is LIFE ? . . . . . ALL THAT IS THE ONENESS !!!
WHO AM I ? . . . . . . .THE ONENESS THAT ALL IS !!!

frankiesoup

Unread post by frankiesoup » September 7th, 2010, 8:46 pm

Whoa! Peeling tomatoes! That's hard-core fussy eating!

All the greenery I eat gets nommed up whole - most of the fruit/veg's nutrients lie just below the skin. And if you're cooking - for example potato wedges tossed in oil and baked - the skins mean that the veg absorbs far less fat, making the food better for you. Only thing I do is top and tail carrots/other root veg for the taste. What gets chopped off goes into the compost though. Same with all the coffee grounds, used tea etc. If I can't consume it this time round, I can eat it when it feeds some plants in my garden.

Back to juicing though - I was thinking about this today. It's probably a great way to get kids to consume fruit and veg that you know is fresh and full of vitamins. Sneak some carrots into orange juice etc.

Beauty is beauty, in spite of perfection.

Ciggy

Unread post by Ciggy » September 8th, 2010, 1:34 am

frankiesoup wrote:Sneak some carrots into orange juice etc.

I have a co-worker whose daughter is a recovering cancer patient, and her body desperately needs carrots. But she hates carrots. I've advised him to sneak some carrot juice in with the juices she does like, as you describe there, and that seems to be going well for them.

So yeah, medicinal applications have different priorities from the basic nutritional.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic