Identifying mushrooms.

Infinitely Expressed

Identifying mushrooms.

Unread post by Infinitely Expressed » January 2nd, 2009, 11:29 am

G'day :wave
Here are some videos about identifying and collecting mushrooms. 'Magic' mushrooms and culinary ones are included. If the title or description contains the words -magic, psilocybine, or amanita - then they are entheogens ('en' = within; 'theo' = god; 'gen' = generate. Thus: 'generating god within'). All the others are culinary. Of course you can eat the entheogens too. I have eaten cooked gold tops and I know people who have eaten other psilocybin shrooms and the amanita muscaria.

There is a lot of propaganda out there that attempts to frighten people away from experiencing the effects of entheogens altogether; or to instill so much fear and doubt into people's heads that if they do take them they'll have a 'bad trip'. I have had three trips, two with gold tops and one with amanita muscaria, and they have been great. Each one has shown me something about myself. So you can easily ignore any fear mongering that is on any of the vids below and have fun with shrooms. Like anything, bringing light heartedness, fun and respect to an experience will give you back those same attributes.

So I started this thread to provide a place where we can compile info on mushrooms so that people can get to know them, enjoy them and love them. All is One, so to love yourself means to love All That Is. (L)

Collecting mushrooms is also a great way to have fun outdoors and to develop a relationship with nature. It is great to share a mushroom experience; either by 'tripping' together or by sharing a cooked or raw meal with an ingredient straight from the earth (just check out the The San Francisco mushroom hunt video). Mushies are great tucker (TU) .

The vids are from around the world and there is plenty of shroom info at these links: http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms.shtml
http://www.erowid.org/plants/amanitas/

Have fun (Yey!)

A slideshow of Amanita mushrooms:
1 Amanita muscaria Fly Agaric
2 Amanita gemmata Jewelled Amanita
3 Amanita virosa Destroying Angel
4 Amanita pantherina, Amanita muscaria and Amanita citrina
5 Amanita muscaria Fly Agaric
6 Amanita rubescens The Blusher
7 Amanita rubescens var. annulosulphurea
8 Amanita excelsa var. spissa Grey Spotted Amanita
9 Amanita caesarea Caesar's Mushroom
10 Amanita rubescens The Blusher
11 Amanita pantherina Panthercap
12 Amanita pantherina Panthercap
13 Amanita franchetii
14 Amanita phalloides Deathcap
15 Amanita phalloides Deathcap
16 Amanita strobiliformis Warted Amanita
17 Amanita ovoidea Bearded Amanita
18 Amanita porphyria Grey Veiled Amanita
19 Amanita citrina var. alba White False Deathcap
20 Amanita virosa Destroying Angel
21 Amanita echinocephala Solitary Amanita
22 Amanita ceciliae Snakeskin Grisette
23 Amanita eliae
24 Amanita vaginata Grisette
25 Amanita crocea Orange Grisette
26 Amanita fulva Tawny Grisette
27 Amanita citrina False Deathcap
28 Amanita vaginata var alba
29 Amanita phalloides Deathcap

Mushroom time lapse Amanita Muscaria
3 day timelapse of an Amanita Muscaria.
Shot outdoors in a friends backyard in Vancouver BC Canada
For all information regarding this mushroom visit http://www.erowid.org/plants/amanitas/

How to ID the common magic mushroom ,Psilocybe cubensis or "gold top" in Australia.
Times of the season change with location, best times to ID this this mushroom in northern NSW and southern Queensland is nov,dec,jan.
I recommend you watch this in high quality.

magic mushroom hunter uk wild shrooms.
Documentary: Identification. the hunt for mushrooms. psilocybe semilanceata also known as Liberty Caps or Magic Mushrooms grow freely in the UK, although they are illegal. This documentary shows you how to find and identify the magic mushrooms by observing conditions,landscape and the local wildlife. this vid was made by tom
link to tom's page. http://uk.youtube.com/ThomasRowsell

Huntin' for Shrooms
Documentary about picking magic mushrooms or 'shrooms' in Wales.

Helsinki Magic Mushroom Hunt
When sun came up after many weeks of low depression, all the good people of Helsinki rushed for the great mushroom hunt! Some of ´em were so hungry for mushrooms that they ate them alive and started to see little people in the woods of River Vantaa...

The Hunt for Wild Magic Mushrooms 1 of 4
Introduces the novice shroom hunter to the basics of field identification!
Shroomhunter 101 focuses on members of the genus Psilocybe (MAGIC MUSHROOMS), which can be found in urban and suburban environments!
Note: this is one vid that is chock full of fear based propaganda - "drugs are baaad, ..mmmkay" - but if you can get past that shit without spewing or laughing your guts out, it has heaps of info. on how to id magic shrooms. You can link to the other three parts.

Excerpts from Peter Jordan's The Collectors' Guide to Wild Mushrooms DVD.
Visit http://www.EdibleMushrooms.co.uk for more videos.

San Francisco Mushroom Hunt
Looking for wild mushrooms in San Francisco. Edible not magic.

MushroomHunting_BC
Hunting for Chanterelles near Chilliwack, British Columbia

(L) (L) (L)

Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity.

YOU ARE A MIRACLE

Infinitely Expressed

Re: Identifying mushrooms.

Unread post by Infinitely Expressed » January 2nd, 2009, 12:08 pm

:wave

Oops, I didn't put this in the original post. It's awesome! (TU)

Psilocybin mushrooms
"different Species"
Music=Led Zeppelin-Kashmir

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/ ... ages.shtml

(L)

And I just found this one featuring shrooms in Germany...

Hunting Psilocybe Semilanceata
Hunting on a field full of Psilocybe Semilanceata. Germany near belgian & dutch border.
Just to let you know HOW MANY shrooms are growing there... (see links to images on youtube page)

(SMILE)

Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity.

YOU ARE A MIRACLE

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic