A day of mushroom picking .....

jojo

Re: A day of mushroom picking .....

Unread post by jojo » January 13th, 2010, 10:09 am

the small yet very powerful liberty cap :) :) :)

picked from my horses field in october 09.

nothing that i have experienced beats the trip one can get from natures own fungus. i find the experiences very shamanic and would only injest mushies when im out among nature. TV makes me very edgy when im on a high from these beauties. so, i make sure that im camping, miles from anywhere, with a fire and good company :)

note, the distinct "nipple" on the top of the cap. this distinguises it from other small poisonous mushrooms that grow in the same conditions. the caps can range from white to dark brown depending on age.

The stem is long and thin and when picked can be quite wavey at the bottom. also when drying the stem can often go blue at the bottom.

can be picked from sept-early nov depending on weather conditions. they are usually found on hilly grass lands that have been kept short by grazing animals such as sheep. best to find after rain, on a sunny ish day. :)

I AM ALL I AM

Unread post by I AM ALL I AM » January 13th, 2010, 11:42 am

I LOVE YOU

G'day Jojo. :wave (TH)

Thank you for sharing those pictures of our little friends. I agree with giving them a thumbs-up, so ... (Yey!) (Yey!) (Yey!) (Yey!) (Yey!) !!!

I fully understand the desire to be in nature when consuming mushrooms. I found the 6 days of tripping, 5 spent in a cave in the Blue Mountains, to have been one of the highlights of the experiences that I have had consuming mushrooms.

Here's a few of pic's of the area where the cave is ...

This is right near where we were ^^^^^ we were around to the right more.

If you see in the distance on the left side of the pic, there's a rock area showing on top of the cliff - that's were the cave is (I think).

^^^^^This is the sort of view that we had from the cave ^^^^^

^^^^^These are the type of psylocybe mushrooms that we had on that trip.

We had collected a little over 1,300 mushrooms between the four of us and spent the next 5 days cooking them up and drinking the teas that we made. We left on the 6th day and were still tripping for the whole day.

Here's a poem / song that I have written about our little friends ...

THE LIVING TREE

PSYLOCYBE IN,
THE LIVING TREE,
NO LEAVES TO BE SEEN,
A GIFT THAT'S FREE.

GOLD ON TOP,
IT TURNS TO BLUE,
A SIGN THIS CROP,
IS FOR ME AND YOU.

YOU BOIL IT FIRST,
THEN DRINK THE TEA,
TO QUENCH YOUR THIRST,
FOR KNOWING ETERNITY.

SO JOIN ME KNOW,
AND DRINK WITH ME,
LET LOVE SHOW YOU HOW,
TO BE FREE.

THANK YOU

WHEN PAIRED OPPOSITES DEFINE YOUR BELIEFS,
YOUR BELIEFS WILL IMPRISON YOU.

What is TRUTH ? . . . .THAT THE ONENESS IS ALL !!!
What is JOY ? . . . . . .ALL THAT THE ONENESS IS !!!
What is LOVE ? . . . . .THE ONENESS THAT IS ALL !!!
What is LIFE ? . . . . . ALL THAT IS THE ONENESS !!!
WHO AM I ? . . . . . . .THE ONENESS THAT ALL IS !!!

jojo

Unread post by jojo » January 13th, 2010, 11:46 am

(Yey!) (Yey!) (Yey!) (Yey!)

oh wow! that looks fan-fucking-shroom'tastic mate!

seriously though! WOW what a place!!! is that close to where you live? i bet the nature spirit is vivid there! thas sounds fantastic!

jojo

Unread post by jojo » January 13th, 2010, 11:54 am

this is what the teraine is like not far from the part of england i live in.

quite cold, but very raw, wild and full of energy. when ive done mushes, ive either been at a party, in a tent, within hills like that, or in europian type woodland, full of nature elementals.

I AM ALL I AM

Unread post by I AM ALL I AM » January 13th, 2010, 12:13 pm

I LOVE YOU

G'day Jojo. :wave (TH)

The Blue Mountains are on the outskirts of Sydney, where I grew up and lived for a fair bit of my 'adult' life. I had grandparents living in the lower region of the Blue Mountains, so I got to visit them a fair bit. When I went and lived on the street, it was where I chose to live because of the Mountain and tree energy available there and was the first place (Kingsford Smith park, Katoomba) that I put together a geometrical pattern of crystals.

There are some VERY beautiful areas in the Blue Mountains, including the Three Sisters (which has an Aborigine story to it) and Jenolan Caves. The Three Sisters can be seen from a few different lookouts, but is predominantly viewed from Katoomba lookout.

The cave that we stayed in was at the Wentworth Falls lookout. It is actually underneath the lookout, with a wall in front of it built by Germans that went bush during the WWII.

Currently it is around 1,000 km or so away from where I am up the coast from Sydney in Port Macquarie.

I love those rolling hills near where you live. They've always reminded me of a rumpled table cloth. :D

THANK YOU

WHEN PAIRED OPPOSITES DEFINE YOUR BELIEFS,
YOUR BELIEFS WILL IMPRISON YOU.

What is TRUTH ? . . . .THAT THE ONENESS IS ALL !!!
What is JOY ? . . . . . .ALL THAT THE ONENESS IS !!!
What is LOVE ? . . . . .THE ONENESS THAT IS ALL !!!
What is LIFE ? . . . . . ALL THAT IS THE ONENESS !!!
WHO AM I ? . . . . . . .THE ONENESS THAT ALL IS !!!

Oneofmany

Unread post by Oneofmany » January 13th, 2010, 12:50 pm

jojo wrote:(Yey!) (Yey!) (Yey!) (Yey!)

seriously though! WOW what a place!!! is that close to where you live? i bet the nature spirit is vivid there! thas sounds fantastic!

I live about an hour away from the pics, the cave is fantastic.

jojo

Unread post by jojo » January 13th, 2010, 1:17 pm

I AM ALL I AM wrote:
I LOVE YOU

[color=blue][size=150][b]G'day Jojo. :wave (TH)

The Blue Mountains are on the outskirts of Sydney, where I grew up and lived for a fair bit of my 'adult' life. I had grandparents living in the lower region of the Blue Mountains, so I got to visit them a fair bit. When I went and lived on the street, it was where I chose to live because of the Mountain and tree energy available there and was the first place (Kingsford Smith park, Katoomba) that I put together a geometrical pattern of crystals.

There are some VERY beautiful areas in the Blue Mountains, including the Three Sisters (which has an Aborigine story to it) and Jenolan Caves. The Three Sisters can be seen from a few different lookouts, but is predominantly viewed from Katoomba lookout.

The cave that we stayed in was at the Wentworth Falls lookout. It is actually underneath the lookout, with a wall in front of it built by Germans that went bush during the WWII.

Currently it is around 1,000 km or so away from where I am up the coast from Sydney in Port Macquarie.

I love those rolling hills near where you live. They've always reminded me of a rumpled table cloth. :D

wow, im reading with envious eyes :D (Yey!)

so you were homeless for a while, but chose to live in nature instead of living onj the city streets? i would do the same if it came to it too.

jojo

Unread post by jojo » January 13th, 2010, 1:18 pm

Oneofmany wrote:

you lucky bloke! well, i assume your a bloke, but i could well be wrong (Yey!)

Blowingoin

Unread post by Blowingoin » January 13th, 2010, 1:50 pm

I AM ALL I AM wrote:The Blue Mountains are on the outskirts of Sydney, where I grew up and lived for a fair bit of my 'adult' life. I had grandparents living in the lower region of the Blue Mountains, so I got to visit them a fair bit. When I went and lived on the street, it was where I chose to live because of the Mountain and tree energy available there and was the first place (Kingsford Smith park, Katoomba) that I put together a geometrical pattern of crystals.

In the early 90's I camped out in Euroka clearing, in the Blue mountains. I think we walked to it from Glenbrook, a tidy and quiet little town. Anyway it was a great little spot, with a big pool to swim in and lots of fairly friendly kangaroos. Happy memories. It was all new for me back then and I really did get a buzz out of all the new sights and sounds. I never could sit on the seat of the dunny though, after we found a squashed funnel web in the loo cabin. The thought of those two bastard fangs in me goolies was just too much, so I used to perch like a monkey :D

Oneofmany

Unread post by Oneofmany » January 13th, 2010, 2:03 pm

jojo wrote:
Oneofmany wrote:

you lucky bloke! well, i assume your a bloke, but i could well be wrong (Yey!)

your not wrong (C) (Yey!) :bong

i accidentally pushed edit instead of quote on your post. sorry, alls cool now

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic