Did evolution make humans as blind as bats

Where the discussion is at !!!
deathcultreject
Kitty's slave

Did evolution make humans as blind as bats

Unread post by deathcultreject » February 16th, 2010, 6:33 pm

to stop us gazing at the sky all the time?

Our eyesight really is as bad as bats eyesight, and they live in the dark and rely on hearing.

Signature rights have been removed due it used for unsubstantiated, malicious lies.

Coco

Re: Did evolution make humans as blind as bats

Unread post by Coco » February 17th, 2010, 10:08 pm

I must ask: How do we know that animals (in general) do not suffer from the same percentage of poor eyesight as we? No arguments, it's just that we are able to communicate we have poor vision and have created corrective lenses and surgeries; we have to read books, blackboards, notice signs,etc. whereas animals don't. The rely on smell and sound a great deal more than we.

I AM ALL I AM

Unread post by I AM ALL I AM » February 17th, 2010, 10:28 pm

I LOVE YOU

THANK YOU

WHEN PAIRED OPPOSITES DEFINE YOUR BELIEFS,
YOUR BELIEFS WILL IMPRISON YOU.

What is TRUTH ? . . . .THAT THE ONENESS IS ALL !!!
What is JOY ? . . . . . .ALL THAT THE ONENESS IS !!!
What is LOVE ? . . . . .THE ONENESS THAT IS ALL !!!
What is LIFE ? . . . . . ALL THAT IS THE ONENESS !!!
WHO AM I ? . . . . . . .THE ONENESS THAT ALL IS !!!

Coco

Unread post by Coco » February 17th, 2010, 10:37 pm

I have walked into things when not wearing my glasses! (ROFL)

deathcultreject
Kitty's slave

Unread post by deathcultreject » February 18th, 2010, 9:35 pm

Coco wrote:I must ask: How do we know that animals (in general) do not suffer from the same percentage of poor eyesight as we? No arguments, it's just that we are able to communicate we have poor vision and have created corrective lenses and surgeries; we have to read books, blackboards, notice signs,etc. whereas animals don't. The rely on smell and sound a great deal more than we.

I've heared some things can see the stars from the bottom of the ocean, but a lot of animals don't see in colour because they aren't developed for picking berries and fruits.

The odd thing is that we seem to lose what would distract us, such as abilities to see flowers in ultra violet like insects do, or see the sky with the sharp detail that a bird of prey sees it with on a clear night.

As for the bats, I think a Richard Dawkins book said that their eyesight is as good as ours. I don't know how they worked it out, and I hope that no bats were killed in the process.

Signature rights have been removed due it used for unsubstantiated, malicious lies.

Coco

Unread post by Coco » February 19th, 2010, 12:39 am

Interesting, I had always heard the bat's vision was poor and is almost entirely reliant upon its sonar. As for the other animals, it is neat how they developed certain aspects of vision such bees, as you mentioned, who can see certain aspects of light reflected off blooms to be attracted to them for polinasation.

deathcultreject
Kitty's slave

Unread post by deathcultreject » February 19th, 2010, 2:32 am

Coco wrote:Interesting, I had always heard the bat's vision was poor and is almost entirely reliant upon its sonar. As for the other animals, it is neat how they developed certain aspects of vision such bees, as you mentioned, who can see certain aspects of light reflected off blooms to be attracted to them for polinasation.

:biggn when bats fall in love they're in rapture to the sound of each other's fur.

I love the thought of the hyperentity that Grant Morrison (who experiences visions which transcend linear time) describes 7 mins into this clip, and the thought of it experiencing through all the senses of all life on the planet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDkZwgh7qC8

GB_Cobber

Unread post by GB_Cobber » February 19th, 2010, 2:57 am

Fat chance!

get it?

Fat! ??

Chance! ??

Bah! Whada you know from funny?

deathcultreject
Kitty's slave

Unread post by deathcultreject » February 19th, 2010, 2:48 pm

Please explain.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic