SHOCK HORROR!!

Articles, links, and discussions.
Ant

SHOCK HORROR!!

Unread post by Ant » November 12th, 2009, 9:41 pm

I found this article fucking hilarious. Especially the part where the "head of the National Drugs Prevention Alliance" has his say. :D (ROFL)

I've no idea who Joss Stone is, nor do i care.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... cohol.html

Joss Stone ignites drug row as she describes cannabis as less harmful than alcohol

By Simon Cable
Last updated at 1:59 PM on 10th November 2009

* Comments (282)
* Add to My Stories

Singer Joss Stone has been condemned for glamourising drugs after an astonishing diatribe in which she claimed cannabis is less harmful than alcohol.

She also trivialised the dangers of harder 'more horrible' drugs, which she described as 'fun'.

The 22-year-old has enraged anti-drug campaigners after it was suggested she made the comments in a desperate attempt to drum up publicity for her new album.
The singer told Star magazine that she smokes cannabis regularly and doesn't see why the drug as been given such an 'evil stamp'

It follows an admission last year by singer Lily Allen that cocaine abuse was 'not a problem' and that the risks of were overstated.

Asked if she took drugs herself, Stone told Star Magazine: 'I smoke weed, but I don’t think it’s really a drug.

'It’s more of a herb. I don’t regret saying that at all. I think everyone smokes weed and people who say they don’t are lying!'

The Devon-born star, who has had a string of number one singles, said that her parents were aware that she still smoked the drug regularly but that they didn't mind because, 'they smoked weed when they were younger'.

She dismissed the dangers of cannabis, despite ministers upgrading the drug from a class C to class B drug last year saying it was 'like having a drink'.

Asked if she smoked everyday she replied: 'It depends if I’m working, and on what song. And whether it’s a smoking studio or not! It’s like having a drink.

'Weed has been given this evil stamp, but how is it dangerous? It’s going to make you laugh your arse off? You might go to sleep? I think alcohol is much more harmful.

'People beat the f**k out of each other on alcohol. But I don’t smoke weed all day long.

'I live in Devon and hardly ever go to clubs. When I do, I’ll drink three or four beers then move on to a vodka. I don’t want to take all those horrible drugs. Although some sound fun, so I might dabble now and then!'

She was unapologetic about her outburst adding: 'I’m very honest and I’ve been punished for that over and over again. Every time I say what I think I get s*** for it. But that won’t stop me from being an honest person.'

Stone shot to fame in 2003 after her debut album became an instant hit and she won two Brit Awards in 2005. In 2006 became the youngest woman on the Sunday Times Rich List with a fortune of around £6million.

The Devon-born singer has always cultivated a hippy image and in 2007 she was widely criticised for speaking in a fake American drawl when she arrived on stage to present an award.

She quickly developed a reputation for her diva behaviour and her latest album also features a hidden bonus track which is full of expletives aimed at her ex-boyfriend.

Her comments, which come just weeks after she released the album, brought a furious response (rofl :2gun ) from David Raynes, head of the National Drugs Prevention Alliance.

He said: 'She should consider the effects that her comments have on other people, especially young fans who look up to her.

'People like Joss Stone should keep their mouths shut about things like this.

It is terribly damaging and she clearly hasn't considered the wider effects of the drug, although she clearly didn't get to become a pop star because she is a student of social sciences.

'We already have a drug culture in the UK and she is simply adding to that.'

Her comments follow those of Lily Allen, who in January this year said that the risks of cocaine were overstated.

The singer, 24 at the time, said: 'The only story is that drugs are bad and they will kill you - you will become a prostitute, a rapist or a dealer. But that's not true.

'I know lots of people that take cocaine three nights a week and get up and go to work everyday, no problem at all.'

Her comments also come weeks after Professor David Nutt was sacked as the government's drugs advisor for controversially claiming that cannabis, Ecstasy and LSD are less dangerous than alcohol or cigarettes.

Some furious comments from the Daily Mail readers....

What an absolute imbecile - it's quite clear she has no idea what she's talking about. Time for you to grow up Miss Stone and try to find more intelligent ways to drum up publicity for your somewhat lacklustre "career."

- TJ, Surrey, 10/11/2009 9:52

Try telling that to the parents of children who have lost their children to this "soft drug". Silly silly woman. I will not be buying her music again.

- Rachael, Derby, 10/11/2009 9:48

When are the police going to start arresting people like her and Lily Allen for using illegal drugs. Perhaps if they spent the weekend locked up in a secure unit with all the other harmless drug users she might think again having seen first hand how much damage it can cause.

- Adrian Swall, Darkest Northumberland, 10/11/2009 9:37

Stupid girl. She has no idea what she is saying.
Send her to a Mental Health Hospital to see the real effects.

- Sharon, Hertfordshire, 10/11/2009 11:22

Stupid stupid girl! Having seen a collegue's sons deterioration into mental illness as a direct result of cannabis, I don't agree that it's less harmful than alcohol at all.

Oh and as for her comment "I think everyone smokes weed and people who say they don't are lying!'" that reinforces what a silly little girl she really is. No I haven't smoked weed, I haven't even smoked a cigarette! You see I'm not stupid, I saw my parents smoking and realised at an early age how stupid it was. It smells, you smell and it makes you ill eventually (I've yet to meet a long term smoker without a cough). Why would I do that?!

And no I don't drink alcohol to excess either - I just don't see the point.

Finally I'm not boring either, I just don't need these things to have fun and would rather spend my money on more interesting things!

- Welsh Woman, Wales, 10/11/2009 9:59

Perhaps at the moment smoking weed fits in with Joss's laid back, popstar lifestyle. However, I know this is no harmless hobby.

Though there are many more great responses. Here's a few...

Canabis is less harmful than alcohol - a simple proven fact that the government deny. I suppose that Joss has now blown an aspirations she may have had on becoming a government scientific advisor...

- Andy I, Frodsham UK, 10/11/2009 2:28

Who really thinks that cannabis is more damaging?

Flat earthers?

- Bob, London, 10/11/2009 3:28

She's right. Cannabis IS less harmful than alcohol. Any fool knows that.

- Rollo Tomasi, Bangkok, Thailand, 10/11/2009 6:40

:D

Oneofmany

Re: SHOCK HORROR!!

Unread post by Oneofmany » November 12th, 2009, 11:58 pm

She's Cute (C)

Ant

Unread post by Ant » November 13th, 2009, 12:15 am

Ahh, so that's her. :D

I AM ALL I AM

Unread post by I AM ALL I AM » November 13th, 2009, 2:11 am

Ant wrote:
Try telling that to the parents of children who have lost their children to this "soft drug". Silly silly woman. I will not be buying her music again.

- Rachael, Derby, 10/11/2009 9:48

I LOVE YOU

G'day Ant. :wave (TH)

I actually laughed out loud reading the above comment to the article. :D

So, Rachael Derby used to buy Joss Stone's music without considering that she might be supporting someone that smoked marijuana, and now, having found out that she does, Rachael is going to stop buying her music. (RY)

Talk about indoctrination. (EEK) Rachael Derby may as well throw out the rest of her record collection as well and stop buying the VAST MAJORITY of music. Rachael is a fucking do-gooder hypocrite. She'll support corporations with her money that in turn supply military weaponry to start wars around the world killing hundreds of thousands of people EVERY year, but mouth off about someone ingesting a substance of their choice and refuse to financially support them. (RY) (CJ)

Shit, who does she think bank-rolls the drug cartels of the world ?

Does she even know that 'her government' is involved in the Afghanistan war because of the opium crops ?

The do-gooders of the world could do with a stiff uppercut and re-arranging of their ideologies (or a joint and some psychedelics). They 'sit in judgement' of individuals causing no harm to others while financially supporting corporations that 'rape' the world causing death on a global scale, all the while thinking that they are somehow 'righteous' in their condemnation of the individual.

There's a serious check-up-from-the-neck-up required for these type of people. The ill informed repeaters of misinformation (the spreaders of lies) are part of the reason that over 50,000 people a day around the world die of starvation. They bury their heads in the sand over issues that have some meaning and instead attempt to control individual choices of people that are not harming anyone else. Political propaganda is ingested as a three course meal and then regurgitated as they spew it out onto others in a vain attempt at controlling them and their choices in life.

The comment from Rachael Derby, "Silly silly woman", is an apt self-description from an individual that lacks comprehension and has obviously not researched what she is condemning Joss Stone for. All she has done is show how ignorant she actually is.

:smo7

THANK YOU

WHEN PAIRED OPPOSITES DEFINE YOUR BELIEFS,
YOUR BELIEFS WILL IMPRISON YOU.

What is TRUTH ? . . . .THAT THE ONENESS IS ALL !!!
What is JOY ? . . . . . .ALL THAT THE ONENESS IS !!!
What is LOVE ? . . . . .THE ONENESS THAT IS ALL !!!
What is LIFE ? . . . . . ALL THAT IS THE ONENESS !!!
WHO AM I ? . . . . . . .THE ONENESS THAT ALL IS !!!

cloudgazer

Unread post by cloudgazer » November 20th, 2009, 1:34 am

I wonder how many people in the UK are so anti pot? Do you guys know? It almost seems worse there than in America. Maybe it's about the same heheh. I don't know there's a lot of pot smokers in the US (Edit: or people who don't care about other people smoking it), minus the strict conservatives who don't know anything about it.

Free your mind. Free your body. Free your energy. :D
You never know what can come up in a day
"I wanna dream about doing blah" -khiwarrior
http://www.anxietyculture.com/

I AM ALL I AM

Unread post by I AM ALL I AM » November 20th, 2009, 3:11 am

I LOVE YOU

G'day Cloudgazer. :wave (TH)

The 'anti-pot' groups are the outspoken minority that get the main stream media coverage. (W)

THANK YOU

WHEN PAIRED OPPOSITES DEFINE YOUR BELIEFS,
YOUR BELIEFS WILL IMPRISON YOU.

What is TRUTH ? . . . .THAT THE ONENESS IS ALL !!!
What is JOY ? . . . . . .ALL THAT THE ONENESS IS !!!
What is LOVE ? . . . . .THE ONENESS THAT IS ALL !!!
What is LIFE ? . . . . . ALL THAT IS THE ONENESS !!!
WHO AM I ? . . . . . . .THE ONENESS THAT ALL IS !!!

Oneofmany

Unread post by Oneofmany » February 2nd, 2010, 11:03 am

but not from the likes of Simple Truth Radio. Care to put a bugbear to rest? We risk people withdrawing their financial support of us, oh thats right, we don't have any. :lol44

Schism

Unread post by Schism » February 23rd, 2010, 12:12 am

It deeply disturbs me that these "Anti drug" people react in such anger and hatred because of another humans personal choice, and they actually convince themselves that they are doing the best thing...

"Stupid girl. She has no idea what she is saying.
Send her to a Mental Health Hospital to see the real effects."

SHE HAS NO IDEA WHAT SHES SAYING!?

The majority of people in Mental Health Hospitals are more fucking sane than the people running your own country!!! Lol..

"I think everyone smokes weed and people who say they don’t are lying!"

I don't condone her making that retarded generalization though...lol.

Ciggy

Unread post by Ciggy » February 23rd, 2010, 12:27 am

She sings better than Jack White. If that's the spliff, she should keep smokin' it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDU2EXsW9tA

Of course I'm out of my mind. It's dark and scary in there.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic